Sunday, November 30, 2008

Savvy Salon’s Katie Jones Interviewed by HG

Savvy Salon’s Katie Jones

Heavy Gun loves VERY interesting people and this lady definitely fits the bill! She's uber smart, uber young and uber successful. She's the owner of Savvy Salon, an ultra hip yet still down to earth Salon.

Photobucket

HG:How would your best friend describe what you do?

What I love!

HG:What motivated you to open your own store?


My son

HG:Unfortunately not very many people ever allow themselves the freedom to tap into their true passions. Many people just go to a job they hate everyday, what made you different?

I started my education in nursing school. found myself making excuses for my choice, knew it wasn't right. I love to help/nurture people and utilize many components from my nursing career to make my career choice more beautiful :) style although ever changing is a timeless gifts it fuels my passion!

HG: If you weren’t doing this what would you be doing?

Probably in NYC doing some sort styling

HG:If you could bring two people into your life to learn from, past or present who would those people be?

beck on being prolific/ great grandmother Virgina for her love of shoes and fashion. she passed when i was 2, i am often compared to her.

HG:Give me the names of some music you are listening to now- the ones you are
playing-out. Oh and, is there anything that you love but cannot play in the store?

sia, kayne, zero 7, cut copy, vhs or beta I love and appreciate all music! I am blessed to have a "music mentor" paul reiken who inspires me with fresh tunes! because we are a family friendly salon I opt for edited versions

HG:And, the worst thing about owning your own business is??? And, the best thing is???

worst/managing personalities, discernment, taxes :) best/inspiring, growing surroundings, impacting the beauty industry, strength as a team

HG:My best friend has been living all over the place due to his foreign affairs major and
right now he is in Mauritius Africa and has to be there for two years so anyway, I saw
his little sister the other day and she’s all grown up now and she wants to be a
designer; long story short, I’m taking over big brother duties for a while. So…

What is the best advice could you give young ladies that are aspiring to do something in their life that is out of the norm?

Set goals, surround yourself with positive people who are already living their similar dream, show up, always be the best version of yourself! (ASK) Always, Seek, Knowledge! email me :)

HG:I have a friend that works in a hair salon (her name is Katie too) and she is always saying that the type of products you put in your hair make a big difference. Do you think that people understand the importance of hair care?

at my salon everyone understands hair care. with each service comes a lesson. it is not that the over the counter products are the worst thing you could do, they are impure. i could ramble on about chemicals and philosophies if you wanted:). the most important thing is that professional products are compressed so fewer products is needed. when used correctly, its not that much more $ and lasts longer!

HG:How quickly do hairstyles change and what do you think the biggest motivator for this change is: musicians, TV stars, street culture, or???

biggest influence is media for guests and some stylist. personally- architecture, art, music, history, and earth

HG:Ok, I might get in trouble for this one but… Seems to me that Michelle Obama could use a bit more style when it comes to the hair. If President elect’s wife Michelle came in Savvy Salon and said, “HOOK ME UP LADIES” what would you do to her?

(you are funny) Our concept of styling is this head shape as our guide and hair texture as our fabric. using primary elements of design (square, circle, triangle) as our balance bwtn shape and texture. we create tailored designs that compliment naturally given beauty! Michelle Obama just needs a savvy polish!!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Savvy Salon
823 Broad Ripple Avenue,
Indianapolis, IN 46220

317.253.9455
hours of operation: mon 12-8 tues 10-8 wed 10-10 thurs 10-8 fri 10-8 sat 9-4

Savvy Salon myspace

8 comments:

  1. Do they do Black Ceasers???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jamil! I see that comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. savvy is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ms. jones is a hair ninja!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to go to Katie @ Savvy back in the day and she would always hook me up with the soon-to-be hottest 'do. I SOO miss my Katie and Savvy staff. They are amazing guys. Seriously, if I had the money I'd be flying back home from Cali to Indy to get my hair done. LOVE YOU KATIE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is a hottie. I want to give her "BONAFIED LOVIN"
    somebody hook me up!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EUEA5nb7IU

    ReplyDelete
  7. I visit day-to-day some blogs and websites to read articles, however this weblog presents
    quality based articles.

    Feel free to visit my site www.fzgo.info

    ReplyDelete