Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Good Life

Late night writings... Just thinkin about the evenin. Meetin up with friends at the Front Page... seeing beautiful babies sway too and fro, bounce up and down. My man, Grey, grabbin  the mic while MetroGnome spins "Beverly Hills Cop" melodies. "Tonight, you're livin in a fantasy, did you know I'm a nasty girl?" Whoooo! Chillin with Brookinz at the door, while muthafuckaz try to front on $2! Cmon man! For real?! If I rolled into a place spinnin the best music in town and they told me the cover was $2 fuckin dollas? Maann.... come up off that shit! Money's funny right now for everyone, I know... but even my broke ass wouldn't front on two fuckin dollas! Anyhow... that ain't the point... there's a underground river of commraderie and community flowin through the veins of this city's anatomy. It's nice to see and hear about... but even better to experience. One love.
MetroGnomemetro and friendsturntables 2

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I miss The Page. Funny thing is a like it more before the renovation. Not because the 2 because but it was just a smaller more intimate space. Those Long Island's Liz makes didn't really hit me during the night even though hellhammer said they taste like paint remover but the next day...damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn I had a massive hangover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *heart* Front Page.... best kept secret in Indy, and honestly I don't mind it staying that way. I was actually pretty pleased with the renovations... I was really afraid that it would kill the whole vibe in there (a la D'Vine) but I think it was well done.

    And where else in the city can you get Grateful Deads for $3?? $15 in that place will have you right for the night.

    ReplyDelete