Monday, January 12, 2009

Sissy Bounce

KATEY RED AND BIG FREEDASo... today I decided to check out Sissy Bounce(bounce by trannie rappers), as I have heard of it but knew nothing about it. I came across Katey Red's myspace page, and it is a must you check it out. There's some good songs and a video of a fight(if you're into that kind of thing). Out of the Sissy Bounce artists I looked at today, Katey Red was the only one who actually looked trans gendered which I thought was a main part of it, but I guess you just gotta be homo sexual.
**Katey, with her band, Dem Hoes, is a former trannie prostitute from the Melpomene projects and her brand of bounce was especially shrill, busy, fast and practically avant-garde-- the kind of thing that can give you a seizure. In his wake, a small group of brash gay rappers followed and the Sissy Rap scene was established. In a genre like Hip-Hop where machismo is slavishly cultivated like a cash crop, it may seem crazy for something like Sissy Rap to develop, especially in the projects of the hardest city in the country. It's not as crazy, I suppose, if you know New Orleans at all: a city where gutta-ness and a defiant attitude trumps Neanderthal posturing at least some of the time. Katey Red performs at bars and project block parties throughout the city and has amassed a huge cult following among gay and straight with a notably large female following (as is true of a lot of Sissy Rappers).** taken from amoeblog

2 comments:

  1. Carol, I thought I had a post for tonight but how do you follow up Sissy Bounce? :)
    Answer: Not with the shit I had on deck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Les. You must try. seriously please try.
    WTF son... awesome!

    ReplyDelete