Monday, January 19, 2009

TACOS EDCHRE SPADES

Photobucket

wow I'm over here at Dee Jay OhBeOne house we hanging out, just worked on a song here and he was like yo! You want some taco's so we came up stairs and I thought he was going to take out some old Taco Bell and be like here!

But Yo he started taking out all types of ingredients man... He's real serious about his Taco. He cut up Scallions and JalapeƱos and types of stuff!

ANYWAY…
We started talking about how his girlfriend was gone to play a card game euchre (man I hope I spelled that right) and I was thinking like what the hell is that??? I mean I heard about that game before but I have no Idea what it really is. F'n Ukerr ??? So he's like, " “euchre” is a card game that white people in the Midwest play". So I’m like ok I get it. Then he explained white people play Euchre and black people play Spades.

And, I started dieing laughing Ha! Hahahahaha! wow... Ok here I am on the floor like wow- I never knew blacks were the "only" ones that played Spades! I thought everyone played it! Ha ha- man I love learning about myself. This use to happen all the time when I lived with Dee jay Metrognome we learned so much from each other. Man only black people play spades and only white play Ukker. I never knew… But its definitely true.

Now this stuff is so F*N funny to me, He didn’t get it at all he couldn’t tell why I was laughing. It's so interesting to me the differences we have and don’t have. Like, I feel like all the things I did are, all the things we “all” did. Prolly like everyone else does... And, for the most part it's pretty much like that. Some things all of us did growing up in the 80's and 90's in America. Like I know all of us played Hungry Hungry Hippo. I know we all played 52 card pickup (well at least once). So when I hear something that I thought we all enjoyed and find out that some people have never even thought about doing it or don’t know what it is, it flips me out!

If you have ever experienced anything like this let us know!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I had to laugh because its true! I learned this in high school. Euchre is their shit!! I can't play spades or euchre so I kinda suck but that's neither here nor there. If I was to try to play one or the other I'd have to go with spades. I'm all for "I Have A Dream" moments but some things are unfuckwitable. Spades is most def a black card game and even if I *do* love "Stuff White People Like" I am what I am. :) Somebody needs to teach me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Euchre and spades... ahh, I miss the midwest.

    I had a culture shock when I played fuseball one time in Bloomington. I learned to play in Haughville with kids I used to teach. 'Hood fuseball is superfast and ruthless where you spin the handle constantly and bump the table and I thought that was just how the game went. When I played with whites in bloomington who played slow and calm they told me that everything I was doing was actually against the rules of the game-- but thats how every kid in Haughville plays the game!

    ReplyDelete