Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Indy Stand Up!

So I ran across this on a friend of mines facebook profile. Its such a sad thing to hear, Indy has a GREAT electronic music scene.


Dear Indy DnB,

As of late there has been a lot of talk as to how Tuesdays at the Melody Inn have been ran and whether or not it should change hands again. The talk mostly consists of the defects of the current night, but last night someone said that Broke(n) was a failure which naturally offended me. However, they couldn't tell me what they were going to do to have a successful party. Well folks, I would like to inform you that you can talk all you want, but only action will get you what you want.

For the most part, I agree with the grievances with current management. Money earned at the door should be put back into the night so it at least had standard equipment w/ a working PAIR of turntables and mixer, bring in new talent, or something productive; not paying for the promoter to show up. Also, the promoter needs to be handling lineups and doing some sort of promotion. I get all of that and think that most people would agree with you, but none of you have stood up to do something about it.

How many meetings does it take to formulate the lineups for the first month, secure equipment, designate someone to design a flyer, and promote it electronically and on the street? If it is so easy to point out the flaws of previous iterations of the night, then why haven't all of you stepped up to do something about it? You can piss and moan all you want about myself (and Monkey, though nobody can say shit about him) or the current promoter, but until you step up and do something more than what has been done, your comments stand on weak footing.

I love Tuesdays at the Mel. I think of it like a home w/ all the booze I can drink and some great music. I would love for you to stand up and take on my challenge. Go bigger and better! Make me eat my words, please!

Quit talking and do something!


Sincerely,
-Geek

No comments:

Post a Comment