Thursday, May 24, 2012

Top 10 Music Videos by @DRabbitP

I watch more music videos on YouTube than I watch TV, movies, and real life. Then I daydream about what I watched throughout the day. Daft Punk's "Around The World" was what sucked me in. 1997. That entire "Homework" album pretty much took over my summer that year. My brother and I used to sit next to our radio player all day just to catch and record Daft Punk songs onto tape when they came on. But after watching that video, well, that and Pulp Fiction when I was 8, that's when I knew I wanted to inspire people visually. Hype, Spike, Gondry, and Romanek. My heros. In all honesty, I probably can change this list around 10 times and still be happy, except for Busta, he stays on top.

1. Busta Rhymes -Gimmie Some Mo



2. Missy Elliott - Gossip Folks



3. Oren Lavie -Her Morning Elegance




4. Daft Punk - Around The World


5. Simian Mobile Disco - Hustler

6. Beastie Boys - Intergalactic

7. No Doubt - Hella Good

8. Radiohead - Street Spirit (Fade Out)



9. Kanye West - Flashing Lights

10. Across The Universe - I've Just Scene A Face




(Not a music video, but incredibly inspiring)

Honorable Mention:  The Notorious B.I.G. - Sky's The Limit, Red Fang - Prehistoric Dog, The Cranberries - Zombie, Jay-Z/Swizz Beatz - On To The Next One, Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps, Flobots - Handlebars, Johnny Cash - Hurt, The Notorious B.I.G. - Mo Money Mo Problems

No comments:

Post a Comment