Thursday, September 12, 2013

#JBBB5 Producer Spotlight: The Kilink ( @soulutioncrew )




J.Brookinz Beat Battle Spotlight | The Klinik

JB - How do you describe your producer style? 

Klinik - I guess I'd say I have a classic, yet updated production style. I just like to sample records and chop em up. And sometimes layer like 5 or 6 different samples at a time. Every beat is different tho.

JB - Who are your Top 5 Producers ever? 

Klinik - Top five ever? Damn. Pete Rock, Easy Mo Bee, Premier, Pimp C, and Organized Noise? I know I'm forgetting some of my favs, haha.

JB - What's the last beat that you heard that you wish you made and why?

Klinik - Probably "Bird's Eye View" by Statik Selektah, it's just an ill sample and I like the keyboard he threw in there too. Before that it was a joint that Joe Harvey did, "It's Not That Easy" off of Ace One's Rap Monster album. Peep that song if you haven't heard it, the horns are silly.

JB - If you could only play one track to best represent you as a
producer to a new listener what would it be? Can we hear it online?


Klinik - http://theklinik.bandcamp.com/track/dig-a-little-deeper-feat-tha-devol This joint right here is one of my favorite beats on my solo LP, mainly because every instrument you hear is from a different record. Like, the drums are from one sample, the organ's from another, the bassline from another, etc. And it all matches up somehow. I love that shit.
JB - Do you have a strategy for the battle or do you just go and play beats?
If you do have a strategy what is it?

Klinik - I typically have a strategy, but then I never make it past the first round because I'm going against a producer with a bigger name or following, but yeah I've got certain beats I'm gonna play against certain cats if I get paired up against em. Gotta be prepared with every style possible.This joint right here is one of my favorite beats on my solo LP, mainly because every instrument you hear is from a different record. Like, the drums are from one sample, the organ's from another, the bassline from another, etc. And it all matches up somehow. I love that shit.

http://thesoulution.badcamp.con http://theherbalremedy.bandcamp.com http://soundcloud.com/thesoulution http://soundcloud.com/the-mefadone-klinik Twitter: @soulutioncrew


The 5th Annual J.BROOKINZ BEAT BATTLE will be SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 28TH 6-10 pm at VICTORY MFG (933 N Lynhurst Dr 46224) /// 16 Producers will be going head to head for a Grand Prize of $500!!!! We will also have performances from some of NAPTOWNS finest Hip-Hop artists! Ask anyone in this city about this event...THIS WILL BE EPIC!!! 

J.BROOKINZ

No comments:

Post a Comment