Tuesday, September 17, 2013

#JBBB5 Producer Spotlight: Nevi Moon



J.Brookinz Beat Battle 5 Spotlight | Nevi Moon

JB - How do you describe your producer style?
    
Nevi Moon - Well I'm still trying to really find my style. I've been producing music for a little over 4 years. Still Honing my skills and experimenting with other genres/artist.

JB -  Who are your Top 5 producers ever?
    
Nevi Moon - That's tough to say but, Ant (from Atmosphere), Amplive (from Zion 1), Dan The Automator,  Madlib and  Kno (from Cunninlynguist)

JB - What's the last beat you heard that you wish you made and why? 
     
Nevi Moon - It was a Blue Scholars track called "Back Home" off of the Bayani Redux album. The emotion it carries through out the whole song, the use of a female vocal sample and the simplicity of it all is why.
    

JB - If you could only play one track of your to best represent you to a new listener what would it be? Can we hear it online? 
    
Nevi Moon - That's hard to decide. As of right now I don't have a lot of music online. This battle is the beginning of me representing myself  to our hip hop community and getting out of the lab to be heard. Out of my music that is online I would say an older collaboration I did with local rapper Aye Kay.



JB - Do you have a strategy for the battle or do you just go play beats? If you do, what is your strategy? 
    
Nevi Moon - This is my first year. My strategy all depends on if I make it past the sample challenge. If so I plan on changing up my style of beats depending on the feel of the moment. So basically just play beats.




The 5th Annual J.BROOKINZ BEAT BATTLE will be SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 28TH 6-10 pm at VICTORY MFG (933 N Lynhurst Dr 46224) /// 16 Producers will be going head to head for a Grand Prize of $500!!!! We will also have performances from some of NAPTOWNS finest Hip-Hop artists! Ask anyone in this city about this event...THIS WILL BE EPIC!!! 

J.BROOKINZ

No comments:

Post a Comment