Saturday, January 31, 2009

TOY... of the month.

OF THE MONTH
CRYSTAR!
Of the month presents... Crystar! One of the quintessential toy lines from the 80's, (the BEST toy decade ever!) these were warriors made of crystals that duked it out with villians made from magma and rock. I only had the blue guy with the shield... but he was dope and I simply had him team up with GI Joe or He-Man or somebody. Can you imagine a CRYSTAR movie with today's special effects?! One can dream. You'd gotta get Wesley Snipes for the green guy though.

Crystar 1

Crystar 2
Wesley
Crystar 3

2 comments:

  1. I remember these... awesome!

    Why was the 80s truly the best decade for toys and cartoons? Everything was about crazy magical fantasy worlds and battles of good and evil: Thunder cats, Heman/she-ra, transformers, etc. Even the girlier cartoons were battles of good/evil in fantasy lands: my little ponies, care bears, strawberry shortcake, rainbow brite, etc. Why have they completely done away with the fantasy hero format-- that was the best!

    PS: Nice job on the Wesley Snipes connection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Libris... I know, right?! Those were the days. Turning old shoe boxes that your Grandma gave you into forts and headquarters for your action figures. Those were the days when you made machine gun fire noises with your mouth instead of pressing a button! I wish a muthafucka would give me a job at a toy company... maaaan... I would tear that shit up!

    ReplyDelete