Tuesday, February 10, 2009

TOY... of the month!

OF THE MONTH
Of the Month presents... M.A.S.K. Hands down, one of the best toy lines EVER! These things were just nathty! Ordinary vehicles that turned into crazy war machines and the drivers controlled them with their masks. One of the best things about old toys was the package art. Amazing! Look at it. It's nut's... they just don't do anything like this anymore. C'mon... real painted backgrounds?! This is back when the commercials actually showed kids playing with the toys in diorama type backgrounds! My girl surprised me with a vintage M.A.S.K. "Slingshot" a couple years ago... one of my favorites. Just look at that paint job?! That van is G'd out... I don't even care! And the theme song pumps too.




slingshot

slingshot box

slingshot 2

Rhino

switchblade

3 comments:

  1. Now this one I remember! very well, I had this car that looked like Kit (knight rider) but the doors were lambo so it could fly and it shoot razor aka plastic disc out of the front. man I fuck that joint up playing with it in the bath tub. I barley remember the cartoon must have come on like USA we didn't have cable but I had the toy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. had the chopper...total battlefield control with that thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No shit! Grey... I remember the car your talking about... it was called "Raven" and had a chick that drove it. It was tight. Brookinz... I had the chopper too ("Switchblade!") and it was nathty. But "Rhino" was hard! Rhino was the semi pictured. But that van... damn! (No pun intended) Best paint job of the year goes to...

    ReplyDelete