Monday, February 23, 2009

Words and... The Knife.

Words are just words, just sounds at the root. We choose to attach whatever meaning WE see fit. Assume positive intent and give people the benefit of the doubt. It's a good rule. Don't judge. One comment gives you no real insight into anything at all. We tend to think we know more than we actually do. 

Now... with that, I give you one of the most alluring, bold, exotic, eerie and amazing videos I've ever seen. It's by a group called "The Knife." They hale from Sweden and are known for their anti-commerical views, rejection of mainstream media and covering their faces with bird masks when they appear in public. Not wanting to be judged by anything other than their music and their art. Cheers. My hat is off.

If you watch this video in its entirety, it really speaks to the notion of bravery. Breaking down barriers and truly having an open mind even when something makes you uncomfortable. I hope this speaks to you the way it speaks to me. Thanks to Tasha for showing me this. Truly a beautiful piece of work. 

The Knife... Pass This On.
 
Give it up for the steel drums. 

No comments:

Post a Comment