Friday, September 20, 2013

#JBBB5 Producer Spotlight: Jin-XS



J.Brookinz Beat Battle Spotlight | Jin-XS



JB - How do you describe your producer style?
Jin-XS - Experimental. Perhaps akin to MF Doom mixed with DJ Shadow. I follow suit in the more abstract realms perhaps, and try to really push the limits of where my samples come from, but on the flip, I maintain a more traditional structuring.
JB - Who are your Top 5 Producers ever?
Jin-XS - Q-Tip probably was one of the best AND most consistent in his production in Tribe. I'm a huge fan of Kanye's work. Pete Rock, DJ Premier, and RZA probably fill out the other 3.
JB - What's the last beat that you heard that you wish you made and why?
Jin-XS - Probably Wax Tailor's "The Sound." Just an awesome beat that works so well with Mattic's lyrics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_X1KE8j85I)
JB - If you could only play one track of yours to best represent you as a producer to a new listener what would it be? Can we hear it online?
Jin-XS - As far as original beats, definitely my latest creation, "A Whole Planet of Ron Perlmans." For my mashup work, i'd say my Chali 2na vs The Beatnuts "Watch Out! Comin Thru!"  
JB - Do you have a strategy for the battle or do you just go and play beats? If you do have a strategy what is it?
Jin-XS - Trying to figure out the best order to unleash, but other than that, bring my best and see what happens


The 5th Annual J.BROOKINZ BEAT BATTLE will be SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 28TH 6-10 pm at VICTORY MFG (933 N Lynhurst Dr 46224) /// 16 Producers will be going head to head for a Grand Prize of $500!!!! We will also have performances from some of NAPTOWNS finest Hip-Hop artists! Ask anyone in this city about this event...THIS WILL BE EPIC!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment