Friday, September 27, 2013

#JBBB5 Producer Spotlight: @soulcinematik



J.Brookinz Beat Battle Spotlight | Soul Cinematik


JB - How do you describe your producer style?

SC -  I describe my music as being soulful with a cinematic feel.

JB - Who are your Top 5 Producers ever?

SC - I would say my top 5 influences would be Black Milk, J Dilla, S1, Kanye West, and Just Blaze.  Just to name 5.  There's definitely more.

JB - What's the last beat that you heard that you wish you made and why?

SC -  Exhibit A by Jay Electronica.  The track is just dope to me.

JB - If you could only play one track of yours to best represent you as a producer to a new listener what would it be? Can we hear it online?

SC -  I don't have anything available right now to stream at the moment.  I admit I have been slacking on that side of things..

JB - Well lucky for you I found a joint you produced that may not "best" represent you but I thought it was dope enough to share...

JB - Do you have a strategy for the battle or do you just go and play beats? If you do have a strategy what is it?

SC -  I don't have a strategy.  Honestly I'm not sure if I'm ready. lol. But I'll be there.  Been working a lot on projects so thats been taking up majority of my time.  I'm excited though to see new talent.




The 5th Annual J.BROOKINZ BEAT BATTLE will be SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 28TH 6-10 pm at VICTORY MFG (933 N Lynhurst Dr 46224) /// 16 Producers will be going head to head for a Grand Prize of $500!!!! We will also have performances from some of NAPTOWNS finest Hip-Hop artists! Ask anyone in this city about this event...THIS WILL BE EPIC!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment