Monday, February 2, 2009

give the people what they want

Soo, people have been asking me about my skincare regimen... There's really not much to it, but there would be if I had the $. Here's what I use/do now and some things from the past when I had the $.
1st I recommend Mario Badescu products to EVERYONE. They are amazing! My skin really does seem great just from using their toner alone. So click on this link, fill out the form, and they will send you a shit load of free samples! You can also buy/test their products at Nordstrom.
2nd If you have $130.00 to spare on 1oz of face lotion, buy La Mer right away. I used to use this stuff all the time. 1oz would last I think 6months, maybe longer. I always got compliments on my skin. Go get a sample at Saks or Nordstrom, everyone should atleast try it once. I'm a poor little girl now so I had to say goodbye :(
3rd is Benefit de-puffing action eye gel. This was a hand me down from my mom. She never used it, and I don't know why. I think it's amazing! Sadly I'm almost out and am broke. It's really great for puffy eyes/bags. You can find this stuff at Sephora.
4th is my face lotion of choice now that I am poor, Olay total effects 7-in-1 daily moisturizer. It works great and feels great.
Okay so here's the routine. Every other day/ every two days I use Mario Badescu's almond honey face scrub ( I've been using a sample they sent me for like 2months now), then I follow w/ the Mario Badescu glycolic acid toner I really think this stuf f makes a difference. It was $18 @ Nordstrom. Next I will use the Benefit de-puffing eye cream on special days(I'm almost out & don't want to buy any), then I finish up with the Olay lotion. That's it. Real simple.
Oh, this post is getting real long but here's some extra's: For removing eye make-up I use Pond's cold cream(I hate the oily feeling of most eye make-up removers. This does not have that.). On my lips I use Blistex(I was suckered into using Keihl's for the past like 3yrs, then when I decided I was too broke to be paying that much for chapstick and went back to blistex, I realized my lips more chapped than they had ever been during my 3yrs using Keihls. Stuff is way too expensive for how much it sucks.).
Okaay, so my first official girly post is complete, but guys should think about this stuff too maybe. As long as you're not waxing your eyebrows and spray tanning, it's all good. Everyone wants to look healthy right?

5 comments:

  1. What the fuck?

    *clicks on another site*

    *vows never to come back to heavygun*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously, my man "anonymous" hasn't seen my girl "youngcarolyn" in person. She's a cutie. And... we at HeavyGun, like to share everything... all perspectives, all info... with little to no disregard for content. We also feel it's important to have both the male and female perspective represented... after all, I like having members of the opposite sex checking out the site. And... if ladies want to know how to get more "glow"...I'm all for it. Do your thang Carolyn... if homeboy don't come back, he'll simply miss out on the dopest blog on the net. Holla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh.
    I do like how the boys recovered w/ football, taking a shit, and sneakers! Yes! Some real manly ass shit. So glad I'm a part of this team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of Mary Kay's Satin Hands...Little inside secret I use them on my balls. Smoothest and most satin balls in the 46202 area code. Also what do you know about the Puff Buff. Yeah thats right ladies and gents I like to buy products! In fact here is a little story from my blog I wrote a while back...

    So i was in Greenwood Mall today ( there is a whole story way i was
    there but that's for a different day) Out of nowhere comes this HOT
    chick. I mean i never loose my Breathe over a chick. I did with her.
    I have never lost my train of thought and started drooling. I did with
    her. She was selling some skin care crap and wanted to do a demo on
    me.i She said she was from Israel. I don't really remember if i said
    yes but next thing I know she was rubbing my hand and kissing me on the
    chick. She was rubbing some dead sea salt in my hands. She asked What
    did i do...i went blank and said lawyer! She then put some aloe shit
    in my hands and hugging me and shaking her ass. Next thing I know im
    handing over my debit card for 128.00 worth of products!!!!!I didn't
    care, she took down my phone number.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha 812 is crazy! ps. I fell for one too- got some Hebrew sea salt pore clenser and a hand job ( not the hand job I wanted).

    ReplyDelete